Friday, January 27, 2006

For Your Consideration



Can you smell it in the air? Yep, it's awards season. The movies have the Oscars, musicians have the Grammys and the socially incompetent have the Bloggies.

So it was with much excitement that I checked the categories I've been nominated for in the 2006 Bloggies. But as I read the list up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up, spinachdip nyc was nowhere to be found. How could this be? How could anyone ignore the awesomeness of this blog? Not that I do this for the glory but I expect some recognition. And I'm not saying I'm better than any of the actual nominees. At the same time, I'm no worse either dammit. Surely this must be some horrible, horrible oversight.

Which is why I am nominating myself as a write-in candidate. When you place your votes for your favorite European, GBLT and teenage blogs, remember to write me in. There's nowhere to write a candidate in? That's okay. You can email votes, picket their offices or mail packets of frozen spinach. The more creative, the better. Blogging is about pushing boundaries and creating new paradigms. It's Web 3.0, baby. And you can create new categories like "Best Blogger Coming Off Short Hiatus" or "Best Non-Food Blog Named After Food" or "Best Blog That Employs Cockiness To Mask Crushingly Low Self Esteem".

Who cares if I have like one reader for each of the official nominees' 10,000? I'm awesome and people need to know about my awesomeness.

tags:

<< Home