Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Asobi Saturday. Or not.

Long time readers probably know my obsession with Asobi Seksu. So I was getting all ready to post about how Brooklyn's finest Japanese-American dream pop band will be coming out of hiding/studio and playing Mercury Lounge this Saturday.

Turns out, I'm a dollar short and a couple of days late. What I failed to consider was that they were opening for the much heralded Norwegian kids Serena Maneesh. I figured I could just show up and get in, but as is usually the case when there's a headliner with some press, the show is already sold out. Sardine eating bastards.

So yeah, pretty pissed that I didn't get tix earlier. I don't know if it's worth it to try to walk up or go the Craigslist route.

But the good news is that their sophomore album Citrus will be coming out this spring. The couple of songs I've heard off it sounded good.

dee-els:
Asobi Seksu - I'm Happy But You Don't Like Me
Serena Maneesh - Un-Deux

tags:

<< Home