Sunday, January 15, 2006

Quick hits

Steve Smith stripper pole touchdown celebration
Steve dedicates this touchdown to all the hard working exotic dancers of America.

Before I start writing my Match Point review (great flick, btw):
  • Bike riding in 25-degree weather - absolute sucktitude. Especially when your face is frozen and you're at the bike shop going, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-whwere d-d-d-do you k-k-k-keeep y-y-your lube?"

  • Panthers! I'm assuming DeShaun Foster's out next week and JuPep is a maybe but as long as Steve Smith has two good legs, I'm feeling good. Seriously, how can one guy be so dangerous?

  • Peyton's post-game press conference: absolutely precious. He starts with "I'm trying to be a good teammate", then proceeds to throw his offensive line under the bus with "We had protection problems." I've resisted getting on the Peyton-bashing bandwagon, but shit, the last person who should be pointing the finger is the quarterback who calls his plays at the line and waves the punt team off the field, and got all outraged after his "idiot kicker' criticized him.

  • Schadenfreude: as Ian points out, the Colts have won zero Super Bowls since moving to Indy, while Baltimore has won both the NFL and CFL championships.

  • Where do the Colts go from here? I suspect this is as good as it gets for Peyton - he had a running game, good defense, total freedom on offense, home field, an opponent other than the Patriots, a month to get ready, yet he still couldn't get it done. There just isn't any way to improve this team the way it is built now. Dare I say it's time to stuff Peyton, Dungy or both into a Mayflower truck and ship them away?

  • So I should stop referring to Tom Brady as "God QB". Still, they put up a good fight.

  • Not so good prediction-wise, 2-2 straight up, 2-2 against the spread this week, 5-3/4-4 overall. Never trust a Manning in a big game. Still, the Panthers won.

  • Actual IM conversation:
    Heather: sup, kid?
    Me: Holy shit
    Me: Are you watching 24?
    Heather: no
    Me: It's insane
    Heather: hahaha
    Me: I just had an orgasm
    Heather: ew
    Heather: i mean, awesome
    Me: It's only like minute 7
    Me: At this pace, I won't be able to walk by the end of the 2 hours

  • I hate memes, but I've been tagged so I have no choice.

    The rules are as follows:

    The first player of the game starts with the topic, “5 weird habits about yourself”. People who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits, as well as state this rule clearly. In the end you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged, and link to their web-journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog/journal that says “you have been tagged” and tell them to read yours.

    1. I imitate sounds, especially high pitched ones, I instinctively imitate them. For example, if I'm walking out in the street and I hear a car alarm, I catch myself going "Woo woo woo". If I'm watching 24 and I'd be going "boop-beep, boop-beep".

    2. I can't control myself with snacks. I just can't have one. I always have two or more pieces of candy. If you give me a bowl of peanuts, I'll finish it. I often eat a whole bag of Doritos in one sitting.

    3. If I'm in a restaurant and someone orders before me and picks the dish I was going to have, I'll change my order.
    4. I have way too many shoes for a heterosexual man. I've actually been good about buying new shoes, but I am a sneakerholic.

    5. I address my female friends as "dude". It's generally a sign that I'm comfortable around my friends, male or female. I say "dude" too much - it all started when I was mocking a college housemate for saying "dude" all the time, and it stuck.

    Okay. I'm supposed to tag five people here. But you know what, I don't think I even know five bloggers. So that's it, I'm breaking the chain. I'm ending this cycle of abuse.

  • Did Grey's Anatomy take a plotline out of Middlesex? Do I actually watch Grey's Anatomy every week?

  • tags:

    << Home