Thursday, May 05, 2005

Maya Rudolph interviews Amy Sedaris

From the April/May 2005 issue of Bust, on why Amy Sedaris makes cupcakes and cheeseballs:
When I got my first rabbit, Tattletail. I looked at her and said, "You, young lady, if you're gonna live here, you're gonna have to get a job," so I started my little cupcake business that I called Tattletail's, and then all the money I made from it would go into a jar and that's what I would use to support her. Then she passed away seven years later, and a year later I got another rabbit, Dusty, and I thought, "You're not going to be a trust fund [bunny], you're not going to be living off Tattletail's money!" So I changed the name to Dusty Food Cupcakes. Throughout all this time I was making cheeseballs, but it was mostly seasonal. They're the perfect thing to bring to a party,you know, like an appetizer.

<< Home