Monday, May 02, 2005

I did a Flickr search for Blackstar

  • I was messing around on Flickr to see if anyone posted pics of Black Star's performance at Coachella so I looked for photos with the tag blackstar. No pictures of Mos and Talib, but there was this:


    Originally uploaded by Penny Power.


  • Peter: "Fox has to make room for fantastic shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fastlane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pits, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute With Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louis, and Greg The Bunny."
    Lois: "Is there really no hope?"
    Peter: "Well, I supposed if all those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot."

    And thus started the second coming of The Family Guy. I never watched it regularly but it was enjoyable enough when I did. But I am glad it's back, if only because there just aren't enough genuinely funny shows on network TV any more. Also, The Passion of The Christ 2. This July, he who is without sin kicks the first ass.

    I sure do miss Greg the Bunny though.

  • Why are the most staunchly pro-war types in government more often than not avoided serving in the military? UN ambassador nominee John Bolton is no exception.

  • You'd think a piece penned by a magazine editor wouldn't be so painful to read. But if you're interested in the demise of Source magazine, it's worth the trouble.

  • As expected, Jigga's remake of his "Takeover" as the official Nets Playoff Anthem (mp3) is so laaaaaaame on many levels. Great timing too.

  • The next Roots album is just 9 months away. But since we are talking about the Roots, I'm sure the release will get pushed back couple of times. If I had to make a guess on the actual release date, I'd say late Spring to mid-Summer.
  • << Home