Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday night remainders: Chappelle, Arrested, bialys

Man, I was rooting for the Pacers, but boy are they ugly when the shots aren't falling. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Tinsley, the only Pacer who can penetrate, was in foul trouble for most of the game, O'Neal's shoulder's obviously making him ineffective and they don't have anyone who can drive to the hoop. So if Miller and Jackson can't shoot, it's over. Well, that and Billups waking up.

Also, Gilbert Arenas enjoys taking his shirt off. He says he didn't know he'd get a tech but it appeared he unwittingly sparked a rally. Too bad they needed him at the end. The Wizzies will be good next year though. They can pick up a big body in free agency (and no, I haven't forgotten about the free agent big men roundup) and they will have had two rounds of playoffs under their belt. A little disappointed Hughes and 'Twan couldn't pick up the slack though.

  • Is Mos Def's GMC Envoy commercial better than most of New Danger? Yes, yes it is. So what's holding up Black Star Galactica now?

  • He speaks! Yes, Dave Chappelle is in South Africa. In a mental institution? Doing drugs? No, he tells Time:
    "There were things that overwhelmed me," he says. "But not in the way that people are saying. I haven't spent any of the money. All that stuff about partying and taking crack is not true. Why do I live on a farm in Ohio? To support my partying lifestyle?"
    Best wishes and whatnot.

  • In other possibly good news for Arrested Development fans like myself, the excellent but ratings-impaired show is rumored to be back for not just one, but two seasons on Fox:
    Earlier this week, a friend here at E! interviewed Jason Bateman at a charity event with his good friend Ben Stiller. When asked the status of Arrested Development, he lit up like a banana stand: "Actually, great. Supergreat. There is a heartbeat. There is no flatline. And there may be twins. I'm going to let Kristin figure out what that means. I can't comment any further, but there will be an announcement next week."
    I'm cautiously optimistic. And I eagerly await the release of the second season DVD.

  • When did this happen? Kossar's used to look like this, and now it looks like this:



    So they have a snazzy new awning, repainted the interior and installed a bench. I suppose the place may have needed a little spricing up... but I'm sure I'm not alone in preferring the old, utilitarian Kossar's. Wasn't that the whole charm of Kossar's?

  • Also, my new favorite Orchard Street sign:

  • << Home