Thursday, May 12, 2005

MaxDelivery is MaxDecent

You probably don't remember, but back in March, I declared that MaxDelivery was MaxDisappointment, partly because I was genuinely disappointed by the small selection and lack of communication, but mostly because I was looking for an easy lame joke.

Now, I usually don't respond to marketing stuff that my blog receives occasionally, but I kinda felt guilty after I received this comment from Stephen and I figured I should at least give them a chance before I declared them a complete MaxDisappointment.

As it happened, I needed to get more contact lens solution and some cleaning supplies so I gave it a go. Stephen was right - I don't remember them having stuff like contact lens solutions and salsa or anything else that I would possibly want. The total came out to $31.04 after the first timer discount and the delivery fee cancelled each other out at $5.

I placed the order around 8:30 while watching Lost and scheduled the delivery for 9:00-10:00 pm. Right as the Lost credits finished rolling, I hear the buzzer. Not bad.

I wondered if I should tip the delivery guy (the website says I don't have to) since my order contained several liquids that tend to get heavy, but really, I've lugged much heavier shit up the stairs and I'm only on the 3rd floor. Plus, I only had $20 bills.

So yeah, the selection has improved greatly since I last gave the site a look and the delivery was right on time, and the delivery dude was friendly enough. It's still not exactly K-Mart in terms of variety (as far as I could tell, you can only get single rolls of toilet paper and paper towels) and you can't do the "Have I forgotten anything?" look around you could in a brick-mortar store.

Still, it's great when the stores are closed or if you're too sick/tired/busy to get out. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's MaxDelightful, but it does MaxDeliver on its promise as a reborn, less ambitious Kozmo.

<< Home