Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Last.fm update - Aug 14-28

I thought to myself yesterday, if the music industry just up and died today and stopped publishing music altogether, I'd be okay. I like my music collection and except for a few 60s and 70s stuff and mid-90s hip hop that I need to get back to, I'm okay with it.

I'm not saying my music collection is perfect. Just near perfect. I can take my iPod to a desert island and won't feel like I'm missing anything.

So here we go, the artists I listened to on the week ending August 28 according to Last.fm.

1Spoon9
-Smoosh9
3Seu Jorge
7
4Bloc Party
6
5Kanye West
5
-Ben Folds
5
-Damien Rice
5
-Sia5
9Elliott Smith
4
-Nouvelle Vague
4

So I'm like 3 months behind all the cool kids but really digging Spoon's Gimme Fiction. Not sure what happened with Smoosh and Seu Jorge but I think I just needed a top 3 with artists whose names start with "S". And did I really play Sia's "Breathe Me" 5 times? I like Six Feet Under and all, but really.

Big change from last week when I didn't listen to that much music at work except for that one time I listened to the Avalanches' Since I Left You all the way through.

1The Avalanches
16
2Spoon
5
3Jaymay4
-Coldplay4
-Outkast4
-Ben Folds
4
-Feist4
-The Roots
4
-The Arcade Fire
4
10De La Soul3
-AZ3
- Slum Village 3
- Common 3
- Interpol 3
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 3

<< Home