Thursday, August 25, 2005

So this must be buyer's remorse

Yeah, I got that knot in my stomach. New Yorker Festival tickets went on sale today and at 12:00 pm sharp, I was at Ticketmaster.com ready to virtually drop a c-note or two so I can put on a facade of sophistication and shit.

Since I'm on a my budget and not willing to be in more than one place at once, I decided on 2 events. The Friday nighter, A. M. Homes and Jeffrey Eugenides on 9/23, I'm happy with. Loved Middlesex and The Virgin Suicides, excited that he'll read from his upcoming novel. A.M. Homes? Guess I can familiarize myself with her in the next month.

Not so sure about The Roots talk with Malcolm Gladwell: A Conversation with Music on Saturday night, especially when Ricky Gervais talks with Nancy Franklin was in the same timeslot.

I really should know better - Philly's finest has only disappointed me recently and I find Malcolm Gladwell to be vastly overrated. Gervais on the other hand, he's going to be funny and insightful, guaranteed. Yet, like a heroin-addled lemming in an abusive relationship, I keep making the same mistake. But who said pretending to be cultured was easy or rational?

<< Home