Monday, May 23, 2005

It's Monday and I got nothing so I'll just post a couple of lame pictures


Who is the man pictured here?
a) Side Show Bob in the upcoming live action The Simpsons movie
b) Jon Favreau reprising his role as Gutter in the upcoming PCU sequel
c) A guy whose last real hit was "Round Here" in 1993


What is Jennifer Lopez doing in this picture?
a) Just caught a bug.
b) Calling for the hot dog guy
c) Announcing to the world that she's just she's just Jenny with a god complex

  • WaPo on gentrification, lifting of world quotas on Chinese textiles and the death of Manhattan's Chinatown.

  • You know what's the funniest thing in the world? Laureus World Sports Awards. It's an Oscars-style awards show for all sports for all countries. Because you know, athletes don't get their asses kissed enough and they don't already have competitions to determine who's the best. I caught about 15 minutes of it and it was a whirlwind of unintentional comedy.

    Owen Wilson reading the on stage banter off the prompter while the European audience politely smiles. David Beckham trying to appear to give a fuck about the Boston Red Sox. Cuba Gooding Jr. getting way too excited, practically jumping out of his pants and yelling "My man!" upon peeking inside the envelope, followed by Martina Navratilova commenting "Oh, I played tennis with him." Then, Roger Federer implying that winning the Laureus Sportsman of the Year award is something that he has dreamt about, more so than say, winning any of his Grand Slam events or being ranked #1 in the world. This stuff his golden.

  • My Gawker Stalker-like entry for the day:
    Saw Joshua Jackson (Dawson's Creek) at 7A on Sunday. He was with a younger girl (sister?) and wearing a black turtleneck. Sat at the bar and looked very serious, didn't seem to appreciate it when I started humming the Paula Cole song. My friend thought he looked awful, I thought he was gorgeous. I wanted to yell "Hey Pacey! Why didn't you tap Joey's fine-ass ass, you fucking pussy?" Then I realized Pacey did hook up with Joey so I settled for "Loved you in Skulls!".

  • Half of that isn't true.

  • I earlier mocked supporters of Manchester United after Malcolm Glazer's takeover of the club because, well, they deserve to be mocked. But they do have good reasons for objecting to the purchase. Honestly, I don't know how Glazer expects to pay off the debt and still remain profitable.
  • << Home