Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday linkage: Having sex with an elephant is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s

  • Good news/bad news time. So I was pretty happy earlier this week when I reported that Arrested Development was getting picked up for another season. Here's the downer:
    FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2005
    (All Times ET/PT)
    MONDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

    So it's goes up against Monday Night Football in Mountain and Pacific time zones. Not good, but I suppose it could be worse. But wait, there's more:
    FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: BEGINNING JANUARY 2006
    (All Times ET/PT)

    MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE
    Yeah. Arrested is nowhere to be found in the spring schedule. My hope is that the show gets moved to a more comfortable timeslot on Sunday but the timeslot shuffling isn't good for ratings.

    Why do you build me up (build me up) Fox Television, baby just to let me down (let me down) and mess me around?

  • Freebie from iTunes: Nikka Costa - 'Till I Get To You

    You might remember Nikka from that "Everybody Got Their Something" or "Like A Feather" that was used in a Tommy Hilfiger commercial. Or you might not.

  • "I didn't win the ultimate prize, but I'll leave it at this: I tried."

    Scoop on Reggie, J.O. (via Sexy Results!). I'm probably like a lot of people - I didn't like Reggie a whole lot in his peak but man, I'm going to miss him a lot and he went out like a champ, even if he never was one. The team's and his own struggles over the season just magnified what he has meant to the game.

    David Schoenfield explains why Shaq hasn't won more MVP awards, and Bill Simmons explains why Nasty Nash isnt his MVP.

  • Man fired from Bud distributorship for drinking Coors. The way I see it, I'd fire the dude whether or not he worked for a Bud distributor. I wouldn't want anyone with that shitty taste in beer working for me. Coors is nasty, dude.

  • Fred Kaplan asks Why are we in Uzbekistan? Really, how can Bush keep the troops in Uzbekistan and still maintain the pretense that democracy and America's self-interest go hand in hand? If it's good enough for Iraq, then it should be good enough for Uzbekistan. Or is it freedom and regime change only when convenient?

  • Now at the New York Transmit Museum, New York Subway on Film (New Yorkology). I love NYC films, especially older ones shot in the dirtier, more dangerous past. The tiger jacket is great, but couldn't they get the Baseball Furies costume?

  • My taste in music is, like, totally 3 months ago. I'm just getting into Murs 3:16 the 9th Edition, which is a full year old and Ageless Beauty by Stars is the most motherfucking joycore thing this side of "Since U Been Gone", also on heavy ro.

    Now, I realize that liking "Since U Been Gone" is the indie rock thing to do, but the whole album is great. I don't know who's writing or producing these tracks, but they kick much ass. In particular, "Breakaway" is the best white girl ballad since Christina's "Beautiful".

  • Finally, a sign that soccer has arrived - Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber joined the commissioners of the other actual major sports leagues in testifying in the steroid hearings. Whoo!

    That's it, kids. Travel safe, Maureen.

    << Home