Monday, December 06, 2004

Fired for blogging

No, not me (though I imagine my employment may be at risk for spending so much company time trolling for material), but people are fired for posting corporate intellectual property and such on their blogs (Wired: Blogs May Be a Wealth Hazard).
[Click here to continue]
Now, the article talks about the absence of coherent blogging policy in corporations, but do we really need one? Most employees sign confidentiality agreements anyway.

I don't know, it seems like a matter of common sense to me - don't post any identifying features, either of yourself or of the company. If it's anything that could remotely make your company look bad, don't post it in your blog, submit it to someone else.

And employers can simply reiterate their policy on what is and is not for public consumption, discourage excessive use of company time and bandwidth, and otherwise not get all scared by this big bad blogging technology.

I might be missing something here, but it seems like much ado over jack shit.

<< Home