Monday, September 13, 2004

Weekend links bitches, weekend links - Sep 13, 2004 - cell phone charging, Nike, Christina Aguilera and the best movie soundtrack of 2004




So it's been a couple of days since I last posted links. More than a couple of days, in fact. Pretty busy weekend, the highlight of which was taking Maureen to see the Blue Man Group for her birthday (happy birthday, 'Reen). I've heard great things about the show and it was as good as advertised. Just a great show and words won't do justice.

So let's get on with the links.

- The new hot business that will go the way of Latoya Jackson within 12 months: cell phone battery charging service in Union Square (newyorkish)

- From the wonderful folks at Nike, by the way of ad-rag.com, a new viral campaign for their Sphere apparel line. I guess this is Nike's take on the brilliant End of the World shockwave. Perfectly executed. Great stuff.

- So my thoughts, when I am actually thinking, are with my sister who's in Jakarta. Hope that the tragedy isn't repeated and my sister, and everyone else, is safe.
Indonesia 'may face new attack' (BBC News)

- Long before this blog existed, yours truly once had a job offer from an ad agency called Temerlin McClain in Irving, TX, and the agency's largest account was American Airlines. I saw this pieace the other day - American Airlines Renews Image With New Ad Campaign (AdRants) - and I was trying to figure out which agency handled the campaign.
After a little Googling, I learned that the AA account is now handled by t:m, which looks suspiciously like the acronym for...

- Also from AdRants, oh lawdy.

- I'm glad at least one government isn't afraid of positive findings from marijuana research: Cannabis study encouraging for MS (BBC News)




- Garden State sountrack - it's awesome, get it. Then go to iTunes and find a Garden State iMix and you have the whole collection. Booyah.

- Finally, watch out because the assault weapon ban just expired.
Wake Up, Little Uzi - Is there an individual right to carry a gun? (Slate)

<< Home