Sunday, September 05, 2004

Links bitches, links - Sep 6, 2004



Unheard Clash songs aired by BBC
The world's first airing of legendary "lost" music and film footage of influential punk band The Clash has been shown by the BBC.

Former band members Mick Jones and Paul Simonon were interviewed on BBC Two's Newsnight about the reissue of their landmark 1979 LP London Calling.

It is being released this month to mark its 25th anniversary, along with discs of unreleased demos and studio footage.
Very seriously cool. Though I still love the Strummer tribute they did at the Grammy Awards a few years back, with Springsteen, Little Steven, Dave Grohl, Elvis Costello and the guy who became famous for being trashed in every song written by Gwen Stefani.

Japanese baseball continues down the spiral staircase to complete sucktitude.
Japan Times: Livedoor whiz kid sets a new style
And this guy can help save baseball, but baseball won't let him.

If you like free alcohol, you'll like this bar depending on what your name is.

Gothamist tells me how not to do my blog.

New Get Your War On came out last week.



Whitlock - Admit it America, we're all racist
Okay, I hate his "If you don't support Team USA, you're unpatriotic, and if you deny that you're racist, you must be racist" tone. But I do agree with his bigger point - too many people in this country (and elsewhere) think that if you dare point out that something is wrong in America, you're demonizing all American people and you hate America. Please, we're not Republican, you know.



"Why I hate Real Madrid, Part II" or "Oh no, not this bullshit again"
Oh yeah, England 2 - 2 Austria. Calamity James strikes again.
And you can depend on the Scottish to kick the English while they're down.

Gazza: "Dark days are behind me"
I hope he's right. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any doubts, but I really hope he can get his life back together. He will never be the great player that he could have been, but he still has a whole lifetime ahead of him.

Shaun Of The Dead
Did anyone see the trailer for this? It just looks completely brilliant. Might make for some great drunk times.

Okay, I think that's it for links this weekend. Ta ta.

<< Home