Thursday, January 05, 2006

It shouldn't be this hard

Finally, the new Tard of the Week is up on [dc] and it took waaaay too long to finish.

The writing itself took all of 30 minutes, but I'd been working on it for over 12 hours. I started writing about the media's treatment of the West Virginia mining tragedy but I just couldn't hit the right tone. Preachy doesn't work for [dc] and I just didn't have the heart to be glib or sarcastic about it, as fun as it is to trash the Post.

I slept for about 3 hours and ended up writing a whole piece about Lindsay Lohan's bulimia/drug use admission in Vanity Fair, but it just sucked. Maybe I'll post it later when I need a filler.

So yeah, that's what my life is reduced to, losing sleep over finding the right way to call people retards. If only my parents could see me now.

Also considered this week:

<< Home