It shouldn't be this hard
Finally, the new Tard of the Week is up on [dc] and it took waaaay too long to finish.
The writing itself took all of 30 minutes, but I'd been working on it for over 12 hours. I started writing about the media's treatment of the West Virginia mining tragedy but I just couldn't hit the right tone. Preachy doesn't work for [dc] and I just didn't have the heart to be glib or sarcastic about it, as fun as it is to trash the Post.
I slept for about 3 hours and ended up writing a whole piece about Lindsay Lohan's bulimia/drug use admission in Vanity Fair, but it just sucked. Maybe I'll post it later when I need a filler.
So yeah, that's what my life is reduced to, losing sleep over finding the right way to call people retards. If only my parents could see me now.
Also considered this week:
- Scoop Jackson - for being Scoop
- George W. Bush - he shows up to play every week
- Alex Rodriguez - for his waffling re: WBC and transparent PR whoring
- Maurice Clarett - seriously, felony in a town where everyone recognizes you?
- Comedy Central - for being shocked, shocked that Trey Parker and Matt Stone offended a religious group
- Kenneth Cole - for the predictably unimaginative We All Have AIDS campaign that looks suspiciously like Aldo fights Aids campaign
- Politicians in general - for feigning suprise that Abramoff's a crooked lobbyist
- The Rev Lonnie Latham: For being a typical flaming gay-hater (via Productshop NYC)