Thursday, January 12, 2006

The jokes pretty much write themselves

So Apple launched a new Powerbook, nay, MacBook Pro and while I, like Jason Kottke, wasn't thrilled since I'd bought a Pb recently, I was okay with it. I knew this was coming sooner or later (I was betting on later, like in the summer) and I wanted a 12-in laptop anyway.

But then, buried in the headlines with all the Steve Jobsness in the air was this: iPod jeans from Levis. Now, iPod+clothing isn't exactly new - there's the iPod snowboarding jacket from Burton. And how often are you going to wear this thing?

But then I started reading down the article and my inner 15-year-old took over:
  • Docking cradle... in your pants
  • Joystick.... in your pants
  • Retractable headphone unit... in your pants

    Are you giggling yet? Say yes. Seriously. But let's not stop there. If you wear these jeans, you can walk into a bar and say:
  • "Hey ladies, who wants to play some music in my pants?"
  • "Why yes, I am happy to see you, but that's my iPod."
  • "That's just my Nano. I'll show you the 60-gig later."
    Girls can use:
  • If you play your cards right, you might get to see the touch wheel.
    And of course, the deal closer for the fellas:
  • "Have you ever played with a black iPod?"

    Okay, I really am 15-years-old. Seriously, what is it about the iPod that brings out the easy sex jokes?

    tags:

  • << Home