Monday, September 19, 2005

My life without a camera: Day 3

As I mentioned in the previous post, I am now a blogger without a digital camera, which I guess is like a trucker without his mesh hat or a stripper without his g-string.

What makes it worse is that I've had the camera since last July, making it 2 months too old for a Kodak warranty repair. I have extended warranty on it but the estimated turnaround is 4-6 weeks (!). Crappy poo.

So I have 3 choices:
  1. Send it in for the warranty repair and wait a month or more
  2. Send it to Kodak for repair, pay $120 and hope the turnaround is quicker
  3. Trade in for a refurbished version of the same camera for $150, get a 1-year warranty

#2's stupid of course, while #3 is fine except I'm essentially paying to trade down and I lose my 3-year extended warranty.

Obviously, #1 is the one that makes the most sense but 4-6 weeks is a long time in Blogger Years. Already, I'm noticing things that would make the most awesomest photograph yet I am left impotent without a functional camera.

I can only imagine the photo opportunities that will pop up after I send the camera in for repair:
  • New York Sports Club opening on Orchard Street
  • Tara Reid passed out on my bed
  • Chinatown bus war between Today's Bus and New Century, the two companies ramming their buses against each other's at the intersection of Allen St and East Broadway
  • Starbucks in the middle of Williamsburg Bridge
  • Top-to-bottom Neck Face piece on the F-train
  • My roommate's dog laying on the floor
  • Impromput Arcade Fire concert on an East River barge with special guests Kele Okereke, Alec Ounsworth and Phil Collins


Maybe this is God telling me to drop a couple of grands on a real man's camera. I would, God, but I'm getting a new laptop in the coming months and I can't make any other big purchases for the time being.

Ugh. I feel powerless.

<< Home