Thursday, September 15, 2005

Linkatharsis: It's actually not that cathartic

  • Holy fucking shit. This changes everything - Gillette to introduce five-blade razor. This has been a long time coming, of course:
    What part of this don't you understand? If two blades is good, and three blades is better, obviously five blades would make us the best fucking razor that ever existed. Comprende? We didn't claw our way to the top of the razor game by clinging to the two-blade industry standard. We got here by taking chances. Well, five blades is the biggest chance of all.

  • I don't know which billboard came first but either way, this shit is genius, as reported by Adrants who also point us to the purdy iPod ad-wrapped trains in Bangkok. Heh heh, I just said "bang cock".

  • I know, I know, we know American Apparel's Dov Charney's a bit, hmmm, eccentric. But whatever, here's another profile, this time from Inc.:
    "We're a fantasy... American Apparel is make-believe. We can do whatever the f-- we want."

  • I don't know why I care about a store called "Girls Love Shoes" but well, it's opening today at the corner of Hester and Orchard:
    From 1970's disco platforms to cowboy boots and stilettos, more than 2,000 vintage shoes from the 1800's to the 1980's await shoe addicts at Girls Love Shoes, which opens today on the Lower East Side. Inside the snug boutique, you can slide your feet into designs by Charles Jourdan, Yves Saint Laurent, Stuart Weitzman and Andrew Geller in sizes 5 to 11.
    I guess it's part of the ripple of change coming below Delancey Street. But along with the gallery that just opened between Hester and Grand, changes be coming in BelDel.

    My block between Canal and Hester should be safe for another few months.

  • So yeah, the Brooklyn arena deal passes to no one's surprise. If only David Stern would stop ignoring me on instant messenger, I could tell him that a jersey with "Brooklyn" on the front and "JAMES 23" on the back would be the hottest shit since lava. Lebron can be a free agent in 2008, right?

  • Finally, from NPR's All Songs Considered podcast,the encore track from the 9/11 Sigur Ros concert, () (right-click+save), plus an interview with the band.

  • That's it. I think I may need a nap before The OC.

    << Home