Sunday, April 24, 2005

Late weekend linkage: postus interruptus

Since Maureen will be was in town this weekend, I probably won't didn't go near the internet. Stay dry, kids. Due to the astounding inability of Time Warner Cable to provide service, I didn't get to finish this and other posts on Friday. My internet is still down but thanks to the magic of unprotected WiFi, I can finally connect, at least for the time being. Thank you unknown neighbor for letting me share your internet!
  • As reported elsewhere, our favorite NY band, Asobi Seksu is looking for a new drummer.

  • I don't care what Kanye says, 9th Wonder needs to produce the next Tribe album... if they ever get back together. I'm looking forward to this though - Chemistry by Buckshot and 9th Wonder coming sometime in May, I think.

  • So I'm not a huge fan of Wal-Mart for many, many reasons and it was nice to see this: Anti-Wal-Mart group unveils full-page ad in NY Times. Sweet. Also, compare and contrast: Walmart : Google

  • I've been meaning to post about the heightened tensions between Japan and China for a while. Really. Just haven't been able to put my shit together on this. All I will say for now is that I love the motherland and all, but I have nothing but hate for the motherfuckin LDP. Koizumi, in the words

  • New Get Your War On strips are up. I long for the day when David Rees can't find any more material for the strips. The world's just teeing it up for him now.

  • I'm not going to pretend to really understand this, but I like it anyway (you might want to mute your computer if you're at work). (via AdLand)
    So it's apparently a viral for some organic milk joint, which makes sense. Right? Eh. I do appreciate silly virals like this and Iike the Obey Giantish art direction.

<< Home