Thursday, March 24, 2005

Food for iPod: Good Music for UNICEF Tsunami Relief

So I braved the late-March snow and bought Good Music For Tsunami Relief, a double disc set from Urban Outfitters and Filter magazine. I mentioned the album earlier but totally forgot about it until yesterday.

Good Music is exactly that, and with all the proceeds going to UNICEF, it's for a good cause too. The bad news is that you can only get it from Urban Outfitters and URBN.com is all out. But fear not, they still have copies in stores - I got mine from the West Village store.

Anyhoo, here's the track listing:
    Disc 1
  1. Love Song Death Cab For Cutie
  2. Slow Hands (Britt Daniel Mix) Interpol
  3. We Are Nowhere and It's Now Bright Eyes
  4. Desert Sessions 7 & 8 Hanging Tree
  5. Jesus Etc (Live) Wilco
  6. Apt 101 Hot Hot Heat
  7. The Trial of the Century (Live) French Kicks
  8. Piece of Crap The Futureheads
  9. The Bear (Live) My Morning Jacket
  10. Heaviest Heart Magnet
  11. American Wife Rilo Kiley
  12. Fugitive Motel [RJD2 remix] Fugitive Motel
  13. Fingers Clinic
  14. In A Funny Way Mercury Rev

    Disc 2
  1. The Dark of the Matinée (Headman Remix) Franz Ferdinand
  2. Huddle Formation (Glasgow Beat 106 FM Session) The Go! Team
  3. Nature Anthem Grandaddy
  4. Take My Temperature Kaiser Chiefs
  5. Lullaby Earlimart
  6. I Disappear The Faint
  7. Barnowl Caribou
  8. Lost at Sea (Remix) Eisley
  9. Everyday Dios Malos
  10. The Song the Sinner Sings Adam Arcuragi & Royalty
  11. Isabel Juana Molina
  12. Yr City's A Sucker LCD Soundsystem
  13. A Guitar and a Heart M83
Not bad, right? I'm looking at the track list and I don't see many artists I don't like. Well worth the $15+tax, methinks.

<< Home