Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend Wrapup - Spring is here/Love is in the air Edition



  • I don't go above 23rd St that much. Hell, I don't often cross Delancey unless it's necessary so going to 42nd St is like leaving the country for me. But it was for a good cause. Marcel (above), Tom, Dani, Jim, Pete and The McCrum - you peoples are quality peoples. Good to see you all.

    What is not quality is the Sanrio Store charging a dollar a pop to frickin pose with the giant ass Hello Kitty. To pose, with your own camera. Blah! It was worth it for the above pic though.

  • Speaking of love in the air, has there been an exponential increase in the number of rats at the East Broadway subway stop? Seriously, them rats been beefing up on Chinatown scraps, it looks like.

  • In less than an hour, Shannon Lucio (aka Lindsay from The OC) makes her triumphant return to television in what looks like an absolute winner, the imaginatively titled Spring Break Shark Attack. It's Jaws-meets-Girls Gone Wild!-minus-T&A-plus-spring break debauchery sanitized for network TV!!

    Not that I'm going to watch it or anything, but if I do for some reason, heaven forbid, I hope she's not as mopey as she was on The OC. I wanted to like the character but really, other than her arts and crafts, she gave us absolutely nothing.

    In any case, if the constant teasers during March Madness is any indication, it should be a good source of unintentional comedy.

    Update: it came on at 9:30. So far, it's as good as I expected it to be, yet I find myself strangely being sucked in.

  • (via Brooklynvegan) Yahoo buys Flickr. I have no idea what this means for me. I like Flickr. I'm indifferent about Yahoo. Indifference wins here.

  • The unreleased Fiona Apple album that's sweeping the internet like a modern day Grey Album? Yes, I listened to it a little and... it's okay. I wasn't overwhelmed, but it didn't make me gag or claw my eyes out either, but then again, I'm not a Sony exec whose ability to make mortgage payments is riding on it going platinum. Check out S-gum's Photoshop contest if you need cover art to go with your pirated CD.

  • That's about it, I think.

    << Home