Friday, March 25, 2005

Five For Friday

  1. Freebie at iTunes Music Store: Eisley - Telescope Eyes (link opens in iTunes)

  2. NY Times piece on Tom Cruise being more open about his Scientology thing. Personally, I find Scientologist actors a bit creepy. They seem a little too matter of fact about it and seem detached. I prefer celebrities who drink or snort too much and otherwise do stupid shit. Scientology doesn't seem to allow that.

  3. Rza has been making the media rounds plugging his Wu Tang Manual, but my favorite is his interview with Brian Lehrer on WNYC
    (Real) even if only for the callers who open with "Hi Rza! How are you?"

  4. More Downtown gentrification stuff. Yuppies are moving in, no, not just below Delancey below Canal.
    Yu said he knows of a one-bedroom apartment in the neighborhood that sold for $470,000, and another that sold for $1 million. Renters in the area are paying up to $3,000 a month for a one-bedroom loft.
    Sheeeet. In Chinatown?

  5. I haven't schadenfreuded in a while (apologies to The Glasper and The Buser for totally abandoning that project) and I ain't watched him on TV in like 10 years, but Pat O'Brien is so best.

Also, I should take this opportunity to apologize to everyone I haven't responded to that I should have responded to, either by email, comments or linking. If it makes you feel any better, I've been ignoring all my friends and acquaintances equally. Anyhoo, good luck to USA against Mexico is World Cup qualifiers, if you're in SF, go see Asobi Seksu and yes, go Heels.

<< Home