Saturday, October 02, 2004

I ♥ I ♥ Huckabees, The New Yorker Festival, pickles

- Caught I ♥ Huckabees tonight. Incredibly funny stuff. Fantastic acting from Jude Law, Dustin Hoffman, etc. Just hilarious.

- My inner snob was waiting for this: The New Yorker Festival, Fashion Week for unattractive people who read. I went to see Nicole Krauss and Salman Rushdie read from their yet unpublished novels. I actually haven't read anything by Rushdie, but I will now.

- On our way back from the reading, we were detoured, as Orchard St between Grand and Broome, a couple of blocks up from my place, was blocked off for filming of a Law & Order: SVU episode. Oh, the perils of living in New York.

- But it's also nice to run into an unexpected street fair, such as this morning, as the aformentioned Orchard St block was occupied by the 4th Annual International Pickle Day.

- Nice little piece from The New York Times on surprising relative ease of cycling in NYC: Spin City

- Also from NYT, on one of my most frequently visited spots in NYC, Union Square: The Site of Many a Protest Incites One Itself

- Finally from NYT, Sentencing Tops Justices' Agenda as Term Begins.

- You remember how I previously wrote:
Bush on the other hand came off uninterested, almost annoyed to be there...

And what about the podium? That huge box only emphasized the size difference between the two candidates. The worst was the split-screen shot, which showed the top of Bush's podium several inches past Kerry's. It didn't help that Kerry stood straight while Bush was hunched over at certain points.
Well, The Village Voice gets into it more: See Bush Twitch


- Colorado University removes Rick Reilly from its list of notable alumni for having the decency and the nutsack to criticize its recruiting practice. (ESPN.com)

- All hail Ichiro (ESPN.com)

<< Home