Monday, September 20, 2004

9/20/04 - Links bitches, links - IKEA meatballs, Liverpool vs ManUre, Britney's trailer park matrimony, liberal propaganda

First off, *****! Currently in the first half, Liverpool down to ManU 1-0.

Second, what should've been a simple trip to IKEA ended up being complicated than anyone expected. Normally, it's jsut a matter of taking the F-train to W 4th, then taking the A, C or E to 42nd, which is connected to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, where a free bus takes you to the Swedish furniture shopping paradise in New Jersey.

Well, what remained of Hurricane Ivan again dumped a crapload of rain on NY and flooding the subway, forcing us to take the bus all the way up from Grand St to 42nd St, then at 1st and 42nd, we take another bus, which unfortunately got stuck in some bad traffic around 5th Ave, and we trotted the last avenue and a half.

We figured since the subways weren't running, the line at the gate would be short. Oh no. We thought we missed the 2:30 bus, but luckily, there was another bus coming for us.
I got myself a long overdue silverware set, a skillet, wine glasses and a small lamp to replace my old paper lantern which I kicked and destroyed last week.
Maureen got a plant.

Okay, time for links bitches, links.

- Oh crap, Gerrard appears to have pulled a hammy.

- I like crab cakes. I really do. But that might not be enough to get me to go to our fast fading starlet Britney's wedding (Gawker). Luckily, I wasn't invited so I was spared having to make the otugh decision. Don't they look just adorable though?


- This Boondocks strip didn't run in many of this morning's papers. The thing is, it's the funniest thing McGruder's put out in a while. I love Boondocks, but I really think he's neither clever nor funny with his current heavyhanded anti-Bush stuff.

- Beatles record label sues Apple - again (USA Today)
The good news is, it looks like they want to settle, so the Beatles catalog could be available on iTunes soon.
Now, if you're wondering how much money an artist makes from sales on iTunes, this is a good read: That's the way money goes (Playlistmag)


- So that David Chappelle Block Party that's also a Michel Gondry film that I didn't have tickets for this Saturday, also featured the reunited Fugees. Bastards!
Dave Chapelle's Block Party/Film/Fugees Reunion (Gothamist)

- Real Madrid signs a 7-year old English boy
Damn. How much was I worth when I was 7? Well, he doesn't look any younger than Michael Owen, does he?


- A couple of movies, I'm excited about, I Heart Huckabees and Shaun Of The Dead.

- Today's a good day to get a salon.com day pass. Check out a couple of good pieces, The liberal college conspiracy and The press: AWOL on Bush story.

- Have you wondered how Ali G keeps roping in all those famous people for his fake interviews? Slate did too: Respek!

- Thank you Mr. Oblivious. Bobby Knight thinks the USA Olympic basketball team didn't win the gold because the players were pampered. Seriously, get a clue.

- Yay, it's Advertising Week 2004! Not excited? Shame on you. Too bad the site goes on and off. I'll be following the Gothamist's coverage. Nothing says "Congratulations!" like a self-congratulatory congratulation.

- Brazilian humor:

Me likes.

- Crap, Liverpool now down 2-1.

<< Home