Friday, October 01, 2004

10/1/04 - Links bitches, links - Happy October, bitches!

Let's get the weekend started already.

- Chelsea vs Liverpool (BBC)
Liverpool hasn't won at Stamford Bridge since... forever. I think LFC has been winless at Chelsea since the final match of the Double season in 1986. In any case, we need to come out with a few points, and our away form has been shaky. Huge match.

- Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers(ESPN)
A huge game for the Panthers as well, vs the division rivals Falcons and Michael Vick. Woo.

- Shaq to Kobe: "I'm not the one buying love." (ESPN)
Ouch.

- The Daily Show is good for your brain (The Daily Show Blog)

- NY Wiki
The NYC edition of Wikipedia. I might be visiting this site quite often.

- Daydreaming About Dean (Slate)
I know I know, I could've been a little more timely, given Kerry's performance in the debate. But I still do pine for Dean.

- Dan Rather Death Watch 2004: Now Serving Grilled Anchors & Execs (Gawker)
Off with their heads! Yay!

- Stem Cell Debate Hits Senate (Wired)
I really hope Kerry goes after Bush on this issue. The stem cell research ban has to be the most ass backwards non-Iraq related policy in quite some time.

- George W. Bush Ain't No Cowboy (The Village Voice)
Of course not. He's a Yale-educated son of a New England aristocrat.

Finally, am I the only person who finds it weird to see The Blue Man Group (whose live show is excellent, btw) on a commercial for Intel. Probably. But it is odd when you consider that the group depends on Apple Power Macs to power its shows. Moby, who creates his music on an Apple Powerbook, has done a commercial for Intel as well. Can't they find musicians that use Intel-based products? Am I a total fucking nerd?

<< Home