Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Überthuggin

I was listening to Noreaga's Superthug (or as I knew it growing up, The What What What What What Song) yesterday. There's a line in that song that always gets me.
Aiyyo, we light a candle, run laps around the English Channel
Neptunes, I got a cockerspaniel

How the fuck do you run laps around the English Channel? By definition, it's impossible to run a complete lap around a channel of water! Does Nore have Jesus-like walking-on-water powers? Seriously, that always bugs me. Otherwise, it's a great head nodding song.

It's the 6th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. It surprises me that I even care. Maybe because she was always there when I was growing up, or because her wedding was the first "big" event I sort of remember watching on TV. The news of her death was huge for me, bigger than I expected. But I find it unfortunate that she's known more for the accident and her marital troubles than the work she did to raise awareness of AIDS and to reach out to the lower classes/third world nations.



The new iMac, y'all


That's seriously badass looking. Seriously.

- So I'm a little grumpy. I woke up early this morning because Maureen -she's staying in midtown with her mom who's in town for a couple of days- wanted me to meet her (realatively) early in the morning so I can bring her suit that she was going to wear for an interview today. Now she calls me to let me know that she won't need it.
That's the reason for my grumpiness. No, I'm not pissed, and certainly not at her. It's mostly morning grumpiness. I only ended up being about 45-30 minutes earlier than usual.
I'm really not a morning person, especially when I don't hear the sweet, soothing voice of Robin Lustig reading the headlines.

Ben Folds - Adelaide

<< Home