Friday, May 12, 2006

Current obsession: El Santo y Blue Demon


Head on straight, mask on crooked

You are probably well aware that my birthday is fast approaching (June 24!) and killing yourself trying to think of something to get me. I'm going to make it easier for at least one of you - you can do a lot worse than getting me one of the DVDs off The Santo Collection.

Who are El Santo and Blue Demon? Honestly, I don't have a clue, but they appear to be two pudgy Mexican wrestlers who fight mythical monsters like "Contra Dracula" and "el Hombre Lobo". Those crazy May-hee-canos and their imagination.

I came across the two masked dudes watching the following fan-made video for Danger Doom's "The Mask". Seriously, whatever you think of Danger Doom (and hip hop heads don't think much of Danger Mouse in general, I gather), the timing and editing on the video are near perfect. And masked Mexican wrestlers? Fantastic.



tags:

<< Home