Friday, January 21, 2005

The O.C. Season 2 Episode 9: A Blip on the Gaydar

Previously: Season 2 Episode 8



  • If you don't want a spoiler, don't look at the above screen shot. [click here to continue]

  • Actually, nothing happens between Alex and Vodka Breath. Yet. Hands stayed above the blanket, thank you very much.

  • Chill episode overall, but I liked it. Much, much better than the last.

  • So I was wrong. Lindsay doesn't drown to death - she didn't even get in the water. Wishful thinking on my part. Glad no one took me up on the bet except Maureen. I have to buy her a drink now. Damn you, Josh Schwartz, damn you.

  • So Lindsay's like, totally intimidated by Vodka Breath cuz she's all like vamp and Lindsay so not. So Lindsay's like, "Everyday, she looks like she could be on the cover of a fashion magazine," and Ryan's all, "Um she actually is on magazine covers, pretty much constantly. Haven't you seen her in that Neutrogena commercial they play during The O.C.?" And Lindsay, like, calls Marissa "Cosmo Girl". Like, OMG.

  • Now, I'm all about self-referential humor. But really, isn't it getting a wee bit out of hand?

  • I was actually okay with the Great Mischa Barton Acting Experiment. She didn't do anything over the top, yet she was quite watchable despite being the center of the story. I'm sorry Mischa, I'm taking back everything some of the things I said about you.

  • Marissa does need to learn the art of the insincere compliment though. Nice backpack? Mischa please!

  • Hasn't Marissa been drinking vodka long enough to know that you need a chaser, especially newbies? Or is she past that stage now? And do they not card at the Bait Shop?

  • I like that they actually put unattractive people (or more likely, attractive people dressed up to be unattractive) in the Comic Book Club. It's kinda funny to see the juxtaposition between Adam Brody, a pretty boy playing a TV-land nerd and actors who look like real life nerds.

  • Good lord, are they pushing the homoerotica angle. Zach actually comes out and suggests that Seth hook up with a dude. And let's face it, Seth and Ryan have more sexual chemistry between them than all the other teenage couplings on the show combined (well, except for Seth and Summer and/or Anna). Did you see the two leaving Alex's apartment? Sparks, I tell you, sparks!

  • It's good to see the aggro Ryan come out though. I was getting a little tired of this season's nice, gentle Ryan.
  • << Home