Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Movably Hyped 1.5



Short post for Monday Tuesday morning after MLKJr Day.

So yes, I did get out to Pianos last night, for Gothamist's Movable Hype 1.5. Though I wasn't there long, I did enjoy Dear Leader (above) quite a bit (brooklynvegan seems to agree). Good old fashioned rocking with driving guitar. Love it.
Even that unknown sitar-driven band who were apparently double booked was ok, even if they did confuse the hell out of me and forced me to miss Fort Ancient. On second thought, I'm not happy about them at all. Damn you, unknown sitar-driven band! Damn you Pianos!

Of course, I had to miss 24, but that's what TwoP is for.

Oh, and Movable Hype 2.0 @ the Knitting Factory on Wed 2/16 featuring Elkland, The Information, Other Passengers and The Cloud Room.

<< Home