Thursday, January 27, 2005

Running With Scissors: The Movie

So I'm a huge fan of Augusten Burroughs, and it was with mixed feelings that I read about the film version of Burroughs' first memoir, Running With Scissors.
[Annette Bening] will make another movie, starting in March. It's called "Running With Scissors," based on the book by Augusten Burroughs. Her co-stars are Gwyneth Paltrow, Jill Clayburgh and Brian Cox. "I'm very happy to be doing this film, it is an amazing and harrowing story!" she said. "A really worthwhile project and such wonderful actors."

Any film adaptation runs the risk of ruining the source material, but I like the actors involved, and I can't imagine anyone picking this book without wanting to do justice to it. We shall see. I'm cautiously excited.

IMDb: Running With Scissors (2006)
Booksense: Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

<< Home