Monday, December 20, 2004

Curry is awesome

I love curry, I really do, and it doesn't really matter what kind for me. I usually get lamb or chicken saag if I'm at an Indian restaurant and I also dig Thai curry. But when I'm at home, nothing beats Japanese style curry. [click here to continue]





It's easy to make if you use the mix they sell at Asian grocery stores (I normally go to JAS Mart at St. Mark's & 2nd Ave or Sunrise on Stuyvesant at 9th St & 3rd Ave) and it comes in various flavors and degrees of spiciness. For me, the spicier the better.

You add chopped meat and veggies, and serve over Japanese style rice. The standard veggies are yellow onion, carrot and potato, but I use more than what it says on the box, and Ilike to add spinach, and you can also substitute sweet potato for regular potato.

You just can't beat it in the winter. It's easy to make, it's easy to improvise and it's damn good.

<< Home