Friday, December 10, 2004

Possibly fun weekend coming up

  • Tomorrow, Tunde + Kyp of TV on the Radio, among others play at Pianos for Amnesty International (via brooklynvegan).
    Now, I've only heard of TV on the Radio, but I've heard nothing but good things so I figured it was good chance as ever to check them (well, 2/3 of them) out. Plus, it's for a good cause.

  • Opening this weekend, East Village USA at the New Museum in Chelsea a retrospective on art in the crazy 80's in the then-dirtier, scarier East Village (via LES EVil)

  • Also opening this weekend (NY/LA), the great Wes Anderson's The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

  • I do want to check out the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Garden (via Gothamist).
    God, what am I, like 40 years old? So dorky.

  • The good news is, my holiday shopping is more or less done. Maybe I need to get one more thing for my sister and I need to find something to take to Maureen's folks, but otherwise, I'm home free. I've never finished holiday shopping this early. So proud of myself. I kick ass.
  • << Home