Monday, October 24, 2005

All about me, for the most part

I know what you're thinking, "Hey Mr. Spinachdip, you haven't posted a Neck Face tag in a while." And you're absolutely right. Which is why I'm rectifying the situation right now.



More Neck Face photos on Flickr by myself and others.

  • I will be making a sort-of major announcement in a couple of weeks. To be honest, I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to announce. It could just be one of those "Everything is great, stay the course" things that George Bush likes to do. Who the fuck knows. I'm still trying to decide but I will have a better idea next week.

  • On October 31, spinachdip will host Big Apple Blog Festival, a roundup of the previous week's posts by New York bloggers. If you have any suggestions for posts or sites that should be featured, please feel free to drop me a line.

  • Since I missed last Wednesday's Lost, I figured it might be a good chance to test out the iTunes Video Store. Not bad - the download is fairly quick given the size (about 120 MB for a 40-minute episode) and the picture quality is good.



    My gripes are that episodes aren't available until the Friday after they air, you don't get the teaser for next week's episode, and the video is so heavy that if you have an older, slower computer, like my ancient 2001 iBook, it got stuck on a single frame for a whole minute. It played fine on a PowerMac though. At $1.99 an episode, it can get pricey if you download every week but if you don't have DVR or forget to program your VCR, it's not a bad option to have.

  • North Carolina 7 Virginia 5
    That's football. American football. This is where I'm supposed to say "I'll take the win", especially after the debacle against Louisville. But really, all this does is take some heat off John Bunting's seat and that's nothing to celebrate. Here's my thing with Carolina football - unless we're competing for the ACC title, why try at all? I take spectacular disaster over unending mediocrity any day. At least there's a good chance that we'll be better next year. So yeah, let's go back to those 1-11 seasons, provided that the one win comes against Duke.

  • I don't like to talk shit about other sites, but has Gothamist gotten considerably lamer, especially on weekends? Or am I getting more discriminating in my taste?
  • << Home