Friday, February 17, 2006

Stuff | February 17, 2006

Since I sold the rights to "Linkatharsis" to Heather for $20, 4 pieces of Chicken McNuggets and a really long hug when I joined [dc] -hey, it was the holiday season and gifts weren't buying themselves- my occasional link listing comes in unbranded form. For now.

  • My man TAN (so homo) has the video of Dave Chappelle's therapy session with James Lipton. I never thought of James Lipton as a Half Baked fan, but I can see him hitting the bong pretty hard.

    Also, Chappelle and Lipton are married to Asian women.

  • Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp is afraid to fly but wants to play against Real Madrid so he'll travel from London to Madrid by car or sea. Wait, wait, I know these phobias are rarely rational, but seriously, he'll forgo air travel - about the safest mode of travel short of wrapping yourself in bubble wrap - but will risk his life on the high seas and the highways? Has he not seen Titanic? Has he seen the way Spanish people drive?

    In any case, this Japanese t-shirt maker has dubbed Dennis, in its lovely, Engrish-y way, the Unflying Dutchman.

    Also, low-quality video of Bergkamp's high-quality goals:

  • This is like that video from The Ring. Seriously, don't watch it. It might not kill you in seven days, but I'm not taking chances.

  • If there's something I do talk enough about, it's Asobi Seksu, a band I love more than a constipated fat kid loves Ex-Lax cake. The group's MySpace blog informs us that the release date for their second album, Citrus, is May 30. Which is a really, really long time from now.

    In the meantime, I'll have to get my Asobi fix when they tour with Serena Maneesh. Check tour dates here.

  • Pimping new ish from another NYC artist performing at SXSW: Jaymay - Sea Green, See Blue (via g vs b)

  • Finally, Prince Paul's remix of the title track off The Avalanches' superb album, Since I Left You: The Avalanches - Since I Left You (Prince Paul remix) (via [ortf])
  • << Home